Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9am to 5pm. Wednesday 12 noon to 5pm (9am – 12 noon telephone service only). No appointment is necessary in an emergency.
Interpreters can be arranged if required.
Cairns Regional provides: · Crisis support · Domestic and/or family violence counselling for adults · Counselling for children and young people · Assistance with Domestic Violence Protection Orders · Court Support · Information and Referral to other services · Community Education and Professional Training · Information brochures, posters and fact sheets · Liaison and consultation with other agencies
Tablelands Region provides: · Crisis support · Domestic and/or family violence counselling for adults · Counselling for children and young people · Assistance with Domestic Violence Protection Orders · Information and Referral to other services · Information brochures, posters and fact sheets
- “As Kids See It” – Child and Youth Counselling Programme (Ages 4 to 17), for those affected by domestic and family conflict – long-term counselling available. Telephone support is also offered to children and young people attending counselling.
- Safer at Home Cairns program – safety planning and upgrades
- Awareness raising events
Community Education Programs/Professional development training offered
- Healthy Relationships – a one-hour program offered to year 11 and 12 students to help identify the elements of healthy relationships, as well as looking at warning signs of an unhealthy relationship.
- Domestic Violence Legislation and the Court Process – a one-hour program offered to High School Legal Studies classes.
- Recognising and Responding to Domestic and Family Violence – a one-day workshop suitable for those working in the sector and interested community members.
Cairns – large secure foyer – extended waiting available with toys
Tablelands – non-secure waiting space
Tablelands South – no waiting space
Emergency relief is not funded – relief is only available if donations are available on a case by case basis.