Women’s Health Services:
- General Women’s Health Counselling Support (for women 15+).
- Monthly Well Women’s Clinic hosted by a QLD Health Nurse offering free pap smears, contraception advice, menopause information, etc).
- Various information sessions concentrating on holistic health and issues affecting women (eg. Anxiety, grief and loss, etc).
- Distributor of emergency toiletries and sanitary items for homeless women and children and clients in need.
- Distributor of donated school packs (including book lists, uniforms etc) for clients in need.
- Cancer, suicide and social support groups for women.
- Monthly puberty workshops for mum’s and daughter’s.
- Information, referral, advocacy and support services for women.
- Providing an increase of community awareness regarding women’s health matters.
- Provision of information brochures.
Domestic and family violence services:
- Domestic violence counselling support for those affected by domestic and family violence for men, women and children (no age restrictions).
- An outreach phone counselling service is also available, though the first appointment must be held in the Centre to complete client registration paperwork.
- Court based services to provide support to victims throughout the court process.
- Off-site Perpetrator Program.
- A dedicated Services Advisor who can triage those affected by domestic and family violence and provide referral services to other agencies in order to provide continuing support.
- Home security safety upgrade program providing increased safety for victims of domestic and family violence.
- Crisis Support (available during business hours) including:
- Crisis counselling (either face to face or via phone).
- A dedicated DV Services Advisor who can provide triage and referral services.
- Safety planning and risk assessments.
- Assistance in completing applications for protection orders and amendments to current orders.
- Assistance in escaping a DV situation by helping to acquire alternative safe accommodation and access to an emergency mobile phone.
- Distributor of emergency toiletry and sanitary kits for those fleeing domestic and family violence.
- Support to access health services, housing and financial assistance.
- Promotion of awareness of DV matters.
- Provision of professional training regarding DV matters to other service providers and stakeholders.
Sexual Assault service:
- Specialised sexual assault counselling support for those affected by sexual assault for children, women, and men (14+ years).
- Support to report sexual assault.
- Community education and group therapy sessions regarding surviving trauma and sexual assault.
- Provision of professional training regarding SA matters to other service providers and stakeholders.
A room is available for women and children to wait for emergency accommodation and/or transfer during business hours.
Crisis support for those affected by domestic and family violence with a dedicated DV Services Advisor who will triage, perform risk assessment, safety plan and provide information along with referrals to other services, as required.